Sri Lanka Medical Association (SLMA) has taken an initiative to establish the fund, “SLMA COVID සහන” to try and harness the goodwill, compassion and philanthropy of the more fortunate members of our populace in canvassing as well as soliciting donations which the SLMA would be able to use for the welfare of those afflicted by COVID-19.
The Sri Lanka Medical Association (SLMA), established in 1887, is the premier, professional medical organization in Sri Lanka, as well as the oldest in Australia and Australasia.
The SLMA has a membership of over 4500 medical doctors, working in both the state and private sectors, representing all grades and specialties from every region of the country.
SLMA, throughout its 134 year-long existence, has been engaged in providing relief to persons affected during disasters. SLMA was in forefront in supporting healthcare professionals with rations during long hours of their work in the first and second waves of the COVID-19 pandemic in Sri Lanka. During that catastrophic Tsunami, the SLMA initiated a fund with finances from The Confederation of Medical Associations in Asia & Oceania (CMAAO) to provide assistance to children affected by the Boxing Day Tsunami. Selected children have been supported by this fund throughout their schooling career and even after some of them entered the university.
During disasters such as flooding episodes in Sri Lanka, the SLMA has liaised with the national and international well-wishers to provide relief such as food items and medicines to those affected.
Many health camps have been arranged by the SLMA Council and other members to provide medical support during the times of the ethnic conflict as well as during natural disasters.
Since its inception in 1887, SLMA has been a credible organization with an unblemished record and has regularly conducted professional development and welfare activities with the technical and financial support from the Ministry of Health and UN organizations such as WHO, UNFPA, UNICEF & World Bank.
The SLMA is ever so cognizant of the fact that during the current intensely trying period in our country ravaged by the COVID-19 pandemic, there are very many needs of the hour to provide a helping hand and succour to the pressing issues affecting the people of our country.
We are well aware of the problems caused by near-saturation of medical facilities and beds, the travesties of those who are kept waiting before admission to hospitals and intermediate care facilities and the significant problems faced by doctors and other health care providers in trying to provide optimal care for those suffering from COVID-19.
In such a scenario, the SLMA has taken an initiative to establish the fund, “SLMA COVID සහන” to try and harness the goodwill, compassion and philanthropy of the more fortunate members of our populace in canvassing as well as soliciting donations which the SLMA would be able to use for the welfare of those afflicted by COVID-19.
Objectives of the “SLMA COVID සහන ”
- To provide necessary support to healthcare institutions of the Ministry of Health, providing clinical care to COVID-19 patients
- To provide education to the public on prevention and management of COVID-19 infection
- To support the National Vaccination Programme to vaccinate 70% of the total population
- To provide relief to Healthcare workers affected by COVID-19 infection
- To support capacity building of healthcare staff on prevention and treatment
- To provide financial assistance to children of families affected by COVID-19 long-term.
“SLMA COVID සහන ” අරමුදලේ අරමුණු
- COVID-19 රෝගීන්ට සායනික ප්රතිකාර ලබා දීම සඳහා සෞඛ්ය අමාත්යාංශයේ සෞඛ්ය සේවා ආයතනවලට අවශ්ය සහය ලබා දීම
- COVID-19 ආසාදනය වැළැක්වීම සහ කළමනාකරණය කිරීම පිළිබඳව මහජනතාවට ඒ පිළිබඳව අධ්යාපනය ලබා දීම
- මුළු ජනගහනයෙන් 70% ක් එන්නත් කිරීම සඳහා ජාතික එන්නත් කිරීමේ වැඩසටහනට සහාය වීම
- COVID-19 ආසාදනයෙන් පීඩාවට පත් සෞඛ්ය සේවකයින්ට සහන සැලසීම
COVID-19 රෝගය පැතිරීම වැළැක්වීම සහ ප්රතිකාර කිරීම සම්බන්ධයෙන් සෞඛ්ය සේවකයින්ගේ නිපුණතා ප්රවර්ධනය කිරීම
- COVID-19 මගින් දිගු කාලීනව පීඩාවට පත් අඩු අදායම් ලාබී පවුල්වල දරුවන්ට ශිෂ්යාධාර ලබාදීම
“SLMA COVID සහන ” இன் குறிக்கோள்கள்
- சுகாதாரத் துறைசார் அமைப்புக்களுக்குத் தேவையான ஆதரவினை வழங்கவும் கொரோனா நோயாளிகளுக்கான மருத்துவப் பராமரிப்பினை வழங்கவும்
- கொரோனா தொற்று முகாமைத்துவம் மற்றும் நோய்த்தடுப்புப் பற்றிய அறிவினை பொதுமக்களுக்கு வழங்குவதற்காக
- தேசிய தடுப்பூசி வழங்கும் திட்டத்தினை ஆதரிப்பதன் மூலம் 70 சதவீதமான மக்கள் தடுப்பூசியினைப் பெற்றுக் கொள்வதை உறுதிப்படுத்தல்
- கொரோனா தொற்றினால் பாதீக்கப்பட்ட சுகாதார ஊழியர்களுக்கு ஆதரவினை வழங்குவதற்கு
- நோய்த் தடுப்பு மற்றும் சிகிச்சை முறைமை தொடர்பான சுகாதார ஊழியர்களின் இயலுமையை அதிகரித்தல்
- கொரோனா தொற்றினால் பாதிக்கப்பட்ட குடும்பங்களில் உள்ள சிறுவர்களுக்குப் பொருளாதார உதவியினை வழங்குவதற்கு
Bank Account Details
|Bank Name||Hatton National Bank PLC|
|Bank Branch||Cinnamon Gardens|
|Bank Address||No.85A & 87, Barnes Place, Colombo 7. Sri Lanka|
|Account/ Beneficiary name||“SLMA COVID SAHANA”|
|Full address of account holder||Sri Lanka Medical Association, “Wijerama House”, No. 6, Wijerama Mawatha, Colombo 07, Sri Lanka|
|Swift/ BIC code||HBLILKLX|