Eligibility criteria for Membership of the Sri Lanka Medical Association
- Any medical practitioner who has full registration with the SLMC under Section 29 shall be eligible for election as an Ordinary Member of the Association.
- Every person admitted as an Ordinary Member of the Association shall pay his or her annual subscription fixed by the Association as long as he or she shall remain a member.
- Each year’s subscription shall entitle the member to all privileges of membership of the Association including those of receiving the journals of the Association at a subsidized rate.
ORDINARY LIFE MEMBERS
Any person eligible for Ordinary Membership of the Association shall be eligible for election as an Ordinary Life Member on the payment of a lump sum as may be determined by the Association from time to time.
OVERSEAS LIFE MEMBERS
Any medical practitioner who qualifies for membership and who is resident abroad shall be elected an overseas Life member on payment of a sum as may be deemed by the Association from time to time.
Any person undergoing a course of training towards a degree in Medicine and Surgery recognized by the Sri Lanka Medical Council shall be eligible to be a student member of the Association. Shall pay an annual subscription as may be determined by the Association from time to time. A Student Member will be required to reapply for membership as an Ordinary Member/ Ordinary Life Member when he or she is eligible to do so after receiving full registration with the SLMC under Section 29. All Pre-Interns also fall into the student category.
- Ordinary Member : Rs. 2,500
- Life Member : Rs. 10,000
- Student Member : Rs. 500
- Overseas Member : USD 250